The School Day
8.20am - KS2 gates are unlocked and children are allowed into the playground.
8.25am - KS1 gates are unlocked.
||Children line up and are led in by their Class Teacher
||Registration & Handwriting
|9am to 10.30am
|10.30am to 10.50am
||Whistle & Line Up
||End of Day
Start / End of the Day
- Reception children come into school through their outside area. The gate is opened at 8.35am. They finish at 3.10pm and can be collected from their outdoor area.
- Staff in Hi Viz jackets, will be on duty each morning to deal with any queries or questions. Children should be on the playground by 8.35am ready to line up when the whistle goes
- The KS1 gate is opened for parents to come on to the playground just before the end of the day. The KS1 children are brought to the top of the ramp and staff will send the children down to you when they spot you.
- KS2 children are brought to the front of the building by staff. Parents are asked to wait on the pavement, and children will be sent down to you. If normal arrangements have to be altered (eg you are delayed or another person is collecting your child), please let us know. This avoids any confusion or upset.
Break Time Snacks
- Fruit / vegetable snacks are provided for children in KS1.
- Children may bring a snack to school, but it should be in line with our healthy eating approach – fruit, vegetables, PLAIN crackers, rice cakes or breadsticks. Please do not give your child nuts as we have several children in school with nut allergies.
- Reception children are provided with a healthy snack each day. They have break times which are quite flexible. Towards the end of the school year, they will join children in Key Stage 1 to have breaks at set times.
Getting to School
To get to and from school, walking is definitely the best option! There are lots of benefits: it’s healthier than travelling by car, it improves the safety of pedestrians and road-users, and it respects nearby residents and parking regulations. Alternatively, we have bike-racks. If you do need to travel by car, please park wisely and show consideration to our neighbours and also the safety of the children. Consider parking a little further away and walking the rest of the way!